top of page

Faith Group

Public·40 members

Verify Code Yahoo

On 10-5-16 I began to get calls from scammers saying they were working for tech support at a company calledTechLiveConnect.com, which was just changed to PremiumTechSupport.com and I had a refund coming. I called thecompany I had done business with for info at 877-958-7560, but was transferred to the scammers IN MID CALL. Later, Igot 4 calls from 408-610-4900, some seconds apart, from different live techs wanting to work on my computer allsupposedly from Avangate (the parent company to PremiumTechSupport and TechLiveConnect) but they were all tellingme to call them back at the number I called in the first place which started the scam: 877-958-7560(PremiumTechSupport.com & TechLiveConnect.com.) I've gotten 15 calls from 408-610-4900 between 10-5-16 and 12-15-16 when they may have changed numbers. Now the really strange part.On 12-31-16, and again on 1-12-17, I was logging into my email and had to get a verification code from Yahoo so I hadYahoo call my phone. The verification code came from 408-610-4900, the EXACT SAME NUMBER THE SCAMMERS HADUSED for the past 3 months. That's quite a coincidence!!!The 4 calls mentioned above could not have come from Yahoo because my computer was turned off. I was not using myemail. It was not a recorded voice reading numbers, those were real people wanting me to log into my bank account.

Verify Code Yahoo

When I looked up the number months ago, it was registered to a known spammer, not Yahoo. I would like to hear from Yahoo what the actual number is which the verification code call is supposed to come from butthere is nobody to talk to there. Does anyone remember what number Yahoo's verification calls came from before 12-15-16?

Hello @Confuzzled. Yahoo!'s two-factor authentication (2FA) codes can come from (408) 610-4900 (voice) as well as 837-401 (text). The scammers most likely spoofed the (408) 610-4900 number in an attempt to make you think it was Yahoo! I'm not sure what the 2FA phone number was pre Dec 15, 2016. Today it's what I just shared.

Thank you. I actually thought of the possibility you both mention, that they want me to think the verification code came from Yahoo. I even removed a sentence about this from my post because of one flaw I didn't think they could overcome and that is that the verification codes worked. How can they get into Yahoo's system and send me a valid verification code? Or could they be setting up my computer to accept whatever code they send? If it didn't work and I had trouble logging in I would suspect the number spoofing.

6. Assuming I change my phone number, even if I bought a new computer, do I have to worry about existing online accounts? Can these guys still get into them if the accounts have new passwords, proper verification codes, no key logger on the new computer, etc?

3. If they are sending me the verification code so I, and they, can get into my email, does this mean they aren't troubled by my very long password, or does that still slow them down?

6. Assuming I change my phone number, even if I bought a new computer, do I have to worry about existing online accounts? Can these guys still get into them if the accounts have new passwords, proper verification codes, no key logger on the new computer, etc?

I always get emails from Yahoo sending me verification codes. The last one was for a log in in Vietnam. I understand this is for my 2 factor verification that I setup for my email. But is my account at risk?

You can register an email account on Yahoo! Mail with just a feweasy steps. Sometimes, the account registration can be a bit tricky. Peoplehave claimed that their Yahoo mail registration failed whileregistering an account on the same. Additionally, there have been problemswith the Yahoo verification code not working. If you face the sameissues and look for solutions, this blog will provide you all the solutions youneed.

Make sure that the contact information is correct. Incorrectcontact information will keep you from receiving the verification code. Thismay be the reason you are unable to receive the Yahoo verification code.

You can fix this problem by ensuring the above mentions. If youare doing so and still not receiving it, you can wait for a while and tryagain. Yahoo and all other email services recommend waiting for up to fiveminutes after sending the code on your Yahoo verification code phone number oremail address.

If you face a problem with the CAPTCHA CODE (cannot see it orunderstand it), know that you can also hear it. Click the volume button next tothe CAPTCHA code to hear it. Or you can press the refresh symbol next to theCAPTCHA code to generate a new one.

If this is the first time you're setting up the Authenticator app, you might receive a prompt asking whether to allow the app to access your camera (iOS) or to allow the app to take pictures and record video (Android). Allow the app to use the camera so that you can take a picture of a QR code in one step. If you don't allow the camera, you can still add the code manually as described in Manually add an account to the app.

Review the Accounts page of the Authenticator app on your device, to make sure your account information is right and that there's an associated verification code. For additional security, the verification code changes every 30 seconds preventing someone from using a code multiple times.

Save your recovery codes so you can get back into your account if you lose access, and then select Next. You can save your codes by downloading them to your device, by printing a hard copy, or by copying them into a password manager tool.

Open the Authenticator app, select Add account from the Customize and control icon in the upper right, select Other account (Google, Facebook, etc.), and then select enter this text code from the text at the top of the page.

The Accounts page of the app shows you your account name and a verification code. For additional security, the verification code changes every 30 seconds preventing someone from using a code multiple times.

On the Add a backup verification method page on your computer, type the verification code provided by your backup verification method for your Amazon account, and then select Verify code and continue.

SMS authentication is a system which allows a registered user to receive a six-digit authentication code through SMS. Once the user receives the SMS, they can enter the authentication code in the app or website.

During SXSW on Sunday, the company announced a new feature for U.S. users called on-demand passwords. Instead of keeping a single password in your memory or a password manager like LastPass, Yahoo will send a one-time login code to your mobile phone every time you want to sign-in to your Yahoo account.

Now, the good news is it offers security from hackers; the bad news is sometimes Yahoo may not send you the code, making you stay stuck on the login page or the password reset page even after being the legitimate owner of the account.

The first and foremost thing you need to do is to verify that Yahoo is working at its best or not by checking its server status. Yahoo servers can be down at times, due to which you may not receive any code from them. To check if Yahoo is down, go to this link- and this website will tell you if every Yahoo user is facing issues, or it is just you.

If it is not Yahoo, it can be your network that is not letting you receive the verification code only if you were expecting it on your recovery email address. So, ensure that your Wi-Fi or cellular data is working and is giving the required speed.

If you have requested the Yahoo verification code through your recovery email address, make sure its inbox has sufficient storage space to receive incoming mails. You can try creating some space by deleting some unimportant emails and then try to get the code again.

If you have requested the code via text message, make sure your mobile device has enough internal storage to get a new text message. You can delete some of the old SMS that you no longer need to create some space for the new text messages.

I cleared off cookies and cache on my desktop and in the process deleted automatic sign in to my yahoo account. When I tried to sign in it showed unknown device loggin in and it sent my log in verification code to my old phone number that is not in use anymore and I had forgotten to update my personal information in Yahoo security account. I am locked out of my yahoo account. What do I do any help will be appreciated?

i can not log in into my yahoo account,and the phone number attached to the email account is no longer in use,i open the email account when i was in u.s.a and now i am in nigeria.so there is no way i can get the verification code.plz help me i need to gain access to the email bcus there lots of vital documents in there.

I could not and can not sign in / log in my yahoo email, because my mobile phone# changed a long while ago, and that old number is not in use for a long time, now yahoo email asked me to verify that to my old mobile phone#, no way to do that,

I successfully installed second sign in verification for Yahoo Mail on my I phone but after I could not access yahoo mail from my Apple mail program on my MacBook Pro. It seem that there is a final missing step to recognize the sign in when accessing the mail from another device. I had to delete the second sign in in order to access Yahoo Mail on the laptop via Apple Mail.Any fixes?ThanksSusan 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page