top of page

School Of the Prophets

Public·25 members

Titty Titans Shaven S Meditation Session

I was assigned to a gynecologic oncologist. I liked him immediately. He prescribed 8 sessions of chemotherapy, carboplatin and taxol, to be followed by surgical removal of my ovaries, omentum, cervix, and appendix. I was fortunately able to take a medical leave from work. I showed up at the infusion clinic dressed with make up on, a packed lunch and inspirational reading. My session took six hours. I was at the clinic longer than anyone there. The nurses were great. Over the next few months I got to know them very well and they advised me on everything from managing chemo side effects to the best mystery novels to read. Of course I was very ill after each session and my hair went very fast. I was proned to passing out and three times woke up and found myself slumped on the floor. I had completely no appetite and would not eat for at least 5 days after a session. I developed acne, sores in my mouth, severe pain in my legs and thighs, and constipation. My brain also got a litte foggy and often I forgot things. But each session, I got up and got nicely dressed. I found that after one week after a session I begin to gain strength until the next session. Cranberry juice, lean chicken and fish, broccoli, rice, and watermelong (when I could eat) made me strong. Prayer made me even stronger. People from around the world prayed for me. I joined a support group and those ladies were my sisters. In between chemo sessions my friend Shirley and I went out - coffee a cafe, bookstore browsing, museums, walks. Every month we went to the casino. At the end of my chemo my CA-125 levels went from 4000 to 19.

Titty Titans Shaven s Meditation Session

Download Zip:

My story is similar to many of the other women except that I am younger than many of the women diagnosed and that my ca125 was very high. I was and still am a very active person. I work out all the time and the cancer has not stopped me from doing that or any thing else for that matter. I had almost no symptoms except for some occassional bloating and gas starting around September 2004. The first week of february 2005 I started to get bloated and each day got a little worse. I went to the emergency room and after an ultrasound I was told to see my gyno. Within four days I was in the hospital for the grand old surgery. I was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer and I have had almost everthing removed that I don't need to continue living with. The biggest thing is and the one thing that I can't find anyone coming close to is the fact that my ca125 was 50,196 before my operation. I seem to have broken all the records. The highest ca125 anybody has seen is around 35,000. I asked what does that really mean and they say it just means there was a lot of activity. Of couse I don't think you can believe anything they have to say and I know they sure don't tell you a lot. (They refering to doctors). I started chemo one week after surgery, Feb. 2005 and I had to have 8 sessions of carbo\taxol which I finally finished in Aug. 2005. It took me 5 rounds of chemo to reach remission and since the chemo has stopped I have remained stable. My last ca125 was 20 in Jan. 2006. I don't want to bore you with all kinds of dread and statistics. I think you just have to keep going and hope for the best. The doctors certainly won't help you beyond chemo. At least not in Canada anyway. I can't say that chemo was fun but I went back to my gym the same week I finished my last treatment and I am as active as I was before the cancer. I probably don't have a lot of life left. How much I have will depend on how soon the cancer returns but I don't plan on slowing down until the choice is not mine anymore. I am not the most positive person in the world but I am an adventurer, I love a challenge and I am very driven. Finally, I offer a challenge to anyone out there, can they beat my numbers, or at least come close?And if so, how has it turned out? For my first cousin, she didn't live more than 3 years. She also died of ovarian cancer. This is a tough one, this is my biggest adventure yet!

Our mother, Shirley, was diagnosed July 7th with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer. We have since found out it is in her lymph nodes, chest, lung and spleen. She started her first chemotherapy cycle on August 1st. Her doctor said that surgery was not an option for her. I am writing this on Thursday, Aug 4th, 3 days in from her first chemo session. We find it difficult to see her so fatigued and in pain. She is the strongest woman I know and very old school as far as taking medications. It's a chore to get her to take tylenol and especially with the other meds she is taking. She's afraid of addiction. I've never written on a site of any kind before I guess I'm feeling scared, angry and uncertain of what might happen to my mother or I should say "Our Mother" Shirley is the mother of four children; Cheryl, Colleen, Tommy & Sharlene (Charlie). She is the grandmother of 8 and has been married to our wonderful father, Tom, for just about 51 years. They have always been a stunning looking couple as well as loving and caring parents. We are blessed to have them. They are always there for their children and their grandchildren. They are unique beyond words in their love for their family. My father has had prostate cancer and emphysema for many years and is also in need of constant care for which my mother, up until she got sick, was his primary caregiver. My sisters and my brother are all pitching in to care for them both, as we all have our own families, it has been a little crazy but we all know they would do the same for each and every one of us. My sister Colleen has moved into my parents house with her husband and two of their three daughters. It is a Godsend they were able to do so. Knowing she is there in times when another of us can't is very comforting. I will end my story with great hope, prayer & faith in God and in the strength of my wonderful mother that she will pull through this horrible disease and stay with for a long time coming. I would also like to send hope, faith and love to all the families out there struggling with this overwhelming disease. Keep God close to your heart and your heart close to "His" ear and He will listen. God Bless, Charlie & The McAllister Children

This is Monica's story... In July of 2002 my bright and beautiful sister Monica was diagnosed with stage 1C ovarian cancer. For several months prior to her diagnosis, Monica complained to me about some vague discomfort that she had and figured that she had either an ulcer or a problem with her gall bladder. She indicated that the pain would come and go, but felt it was manageable. After several months of these vague symptoms, Monica finally went to see her doctor who immediately requested a sonogram. Her gynecologist noticed severe endometriosis and as a precautionary measure ordered a CA 125. The results of her CA 125 were abnormally high, however, her doctor wasn't overly concerned because many factors can cause an elevated CA 125 like endometriosis. The doctor ordered her surgery asap. Monica's doctor didn't wait to finish my sister's surgery before informing my family that she did indeed have ovarian cancer, and that we would have to take her elsewhere for follow up care. Her doctor indicated that Monica's tumor seemed to be confined to one ovary so she left Monica's remaining ovary and uterus intact. Monica was released from the hospital several days later and made plans to go to the hospital we thought was one of the best in the nation, Memorial Sloan Kettering. After an examination and testing at Sloan, Monica was informed that she had two additional tumors in her uterus. On the day of her surgery to remove these tumors, our family was informed that Monica not only had ovca but also uterine cancer. Her surgeon was hopeful that Monica's cancer had not spread into her peritoneal cavity. Her doctors prescribed six months of chemo followed by 25 consecutive sessions of radiation. Monica felt good and seem to be back in good health. In April of 2003, Monica finished her treatments and was told by her doctors after a CAT Scan and other testing that she could consider herself healed and cancer free. Within several weeks of this good news, Monica began to feel slightly bloated, her back ached and she felt constipated. When she called upon her radiologist, Monica was informed that these were probably side effects of the radiation and that she might be slightly impacted or have an obstruction. We were told to give her enemas and laxatives in order to clear out her system. In June with still no relief in sight, Monica's radiologist finally told her to come in for review and was immediately referred back to her main oncologist at Sloan Kettering who diagnosed her recurrence. WHO KNEW???? At the time my family had no idea that ovarian cancer was a chronic disease!!!! We aren't stupid and really thought we researched this disease, I guess we must have missed the chapter on recurrence. When Monica was brought in, she was drained of 13 liters of fluid! She was given two rounds of chemo interspersed with the draining of her peritoneal cavity almost weekly but the cancer was too aggressive. My gentle, kind and loving sister Monica died on September 24, 2003 at the age of 38 years old. She left behind her parents, five sisters, nine nieces and three nephews. We miss her desperately. As I get ready to sign off, I want all of you who have ovarian cancer or may be touched by this disease either through a friend or loved one, you are forever in my prayers. May God bless you and give you the strength you need on this journey.

On January 7, 2003 saw family doctor - complaints swelling, loss of appetite and just not feeling good. (Had regular gyneology exams in November and December of 2002 with specialist. Irregular findings but nothing indicated cancer - medication to clear up problems.) Family doctor sent me to the local hospital for ultrasound looking for gall stones. Scan showed stones. Saw Surgeon on January 21, 2003 to schedule surgery. Sent me to local hospital for CAT Scan - didn't like the looks of abdomin. January 23, 2003 surgeon's office called to cancel surgery - results = possible cancer - mass on right ovary. Gyneocologist explained results next day. Naturally blood pressure was high so went to Cardiologist to check out for surgery. Gyneocologist made appointment with Oncologist/Surgeon at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans - he confirmed that I had Ovarian Cancer - sent to pulmonary specialist to remove pint of fluid under left lung - tests of this fluid revealed Stage IV Ovarian Epithelial Cancer. We have a local Cancer Center here so I started my treatments here - Ochsner and Cancer Center specialist conferred on treatment - Taxol/Caroplatin for three sessions - complete hysterectomy - then six more sessions of Taxol and Carboplatin - CA 125 got down to 44 and then stopped working. Had to start on Procrit shots because of blood work - On 10/24/2003 started taking Gemcitabine(Genzar) and Cisplatin.Platelets went down and was not able to take as directed. On December 2, 2003 changed medicine to Doxil. After three sessions of Doxil CA 125 showed no improvement - changed to Gemzar alone with lower do I am now on Topotecan and this one has given me bad side effects but nothing I can't handle. I have had six sessions of this medication. Will be taking CAT Scan after two more sessions. Four small doses with two weeks between treatments. I am feeling well but from what I am told by my gyneocologist/oncologist/surgeon, I will not get into remission, but life goes on. I still bowl, go to church, gamble, play cards, etc - everything I did before cancer struck. I feel that I do not want to give up on the medications. I feel that between medication and God, I am still alive and without pain.


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page